Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We’re looking for a Customer Care Associate to be the voice of Article!
You will significantly impact Article’s brand by making every customer interaction a delightful one. We are looking for a strong communicator – someone who comes across on the phone, in email, and on chat with genuine warmth, good humour, and real personality. When confronted with an issue, you listen carefully to understand the problem and are creative and resourceful in finding the best solution.
- Note: This position is based in our Vancouver HQ and is not a remote/work from home role.
The Customer Care Associate is an essential contribution to the Article team. Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Handling incoming and outgoing customer care calls, emails and live chats
- Processing sales transactions over the phone
- Tracking customer orders and conducting follow-up calls
- Processing product return requests, including organization of return shipping from cities across North America
- Updating internal documents and customer records daily
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of Article products
- Offering value-added solutions and promote customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer support
- Customer service experience preferred but ability to think quickly on one's feet is most important
- A strong clear voice and friendly phone manner
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Keen attention to detail
- Outstanding multitasking and organizational skills
- Professional, positive, take-charge attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- A passion for continuously improving
- A team player attitude, also capable of working independently
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm (typing test will be administered)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week (including some weekends)
- Shifts typically start between 7:00 - 9:00 am (PST)
- High School Diploma
- Position is in Vancouver office. Our office is wheelchair accessible
- We welcome temporary foreign workers who are at the beginning of their multi-year work visa
- Must love dogs! (Our Director of Tail Wagging Happiness is a retriever!)
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- You’ll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- We believe in the power of a great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- All employees can enjoy discounts on our products plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- We don’t just crunch the clock and leave; we also have regular extra-curricular activities. We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.