Arterra Wines Canada is Canada’s leading producer and marketer of wine and wine related products, with operations in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. The company’s portfolio includes great brands like Jackson Triggs, Inniskillin, Ruffino, Robert Mondavi and Meomi. We offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and administration. As a part of the Arterra team, employees are encouraged to improve their skills and performance throughout their careers through various professional and educational development programs. Arterra provides a robust onboarding program in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help employees integrate into the organization quickly and maximize their growth potential.This role will have high-visibility to senior management and will support the Senior Director, Strategy & Business Development with the strategic planning process (Value Creation Plan), value creation initiatives and M&A activities.
- Lead and support the implementation, tracking and key activities of the Value Creation Plan and OGSTM’s (Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Tactics and Metrics)
- Lead and support the research, analysis, recommendations and slide storytelling across a variety of cross-functional Value Creation Plan Pillars and business development projects
- Support the development of strategic tools and frameworks for strategy development in the organization and the continuing evolution of the Value Creation Plan
- Support the M&A function in the development of the M&A playbook and participate in the evaluation of acquisition opportunities by conducting research, analysis, due diligence, developing financial models and preparing presentations for recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team
Desired Skills, Background Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a strategic problem solver with a toolkit of strategic business tools, strong finance base and highly effective communication skills.
- University degree in relevant field (Business, Commerce, Finance, Economics)
- 2 to 3 years of business strategy/business development experience gained through the working experience of management consulting or corporate functions (strategy or business development)
- Possesses a strong toolkit of strategic business tools including effective PowerPoint storytelling and strategic analysis and frameworks
- Problem solver with the ability to simplify complex/abstract ideas for othersStrong team player that is an independent thinker
- Deadline driven, organized and ability to multitask
- Advanced skills in financial modeling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive effective risk-taking
- Experience in acquisitions an asset
- Advanced user of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with systems (Power BI) and data (large databases, consumer research)
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.