The Art of Food Catering & Events is currently hiring a Senior Catering & Event Coordinator. We seek an individual looking for a long-term career with opportunities for growth along with the company.
This position is responsible for developing new client relationships, maintaining existing accounts with the highest level of professionalism and service as well as overseeing the catering and events team. A minimum of 3+ years industry related experience is required.
Must have the following availability: Monday - Sunday, flexible as needed to fulfill the duties & be on site to lead events.
- Use Microsoft Outlook to correspond by email with clients. Oversee all social media & marketing tools.
- Provide outstanding customer service with main activities including answering incoming calls, emails, and direct responses to inquiries.
- Place catering orders with the kitchen accurately and efficiently.
- Work on new menu options & monthly features with chef
- Create event quotes, confirmations, order revisions and proposals.
- Coordinate rentals and staffing as required for full-service events.
- Vacation coverage support for coworkers.
- Assist reception with incoming orders and drivers schedule for the next day
- Work on sales strategies & cold calling with the team
- Special event catering coordination.
- Conduct food tastings and product samples for new clients as required.
- Certificate or degree in business, event planning, or hospitality and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Self-driven, energetic and ambitious
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook & QuickBooks
- Must be able to work effectively individually and as part of a team under minimal supervision
- Positive family-like environment
Please include at least 2 references.
Compensation to be determined based on experience.
We look forward to reviewing your resume
Job Type: Full-time
- catering & hospitality: 3 years (Preferred)