Arobas personnel is looking for a Principale Cloud Operations Engineer for a permanent position located in the Mile End, Montreal.
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join a rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be looked at as the subject matter expert (SME) as the company migrate to the public cloud.
If you are a passionate engineer that enjoy partnering with the software engineering team to build and maintain automation to accelerate cloud adoption, this opportunity is for you !!
What’s your day to day looks like?
- Assess the current on-premise services and lead creation of futur cloud designs.
- Drive solutions that improve the infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for security, cost and operational simplicity.
- Design, implement and maintain the automation/services that seamlessly spans multiple data centers and one cloud provider.
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop best-in-breed solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in on-call rotation and travel as needed.
What we’re looking for?
The perfect candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
- Deep expertise of public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Prior experience as a Linux System Administrator, ideally CentOS
- Experience working with configuration, CICD and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Background in DevOps, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language (Python, Go, etc)
- Experience running a mission critical service at scale
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership.
Bonus If !!
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things".
- Working Knowledge of Terraform, Vault and other DevOps/Service tools.
- Experience with Apache projects (such as: hbase, kafka, spark).
- Experience with data center networking and/or cloud networking.
- Experience with managing hosted services/SaaS
What’s in it for you?
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- Work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.
At Arobas Personnel, you’re not a zero, you’re a super hero!