Arobas Personnel is looking for a Lead Software Developer - Microservices for a full-time position at one of our clients in Montreal.
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Lead Software Developer you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
In this role, you will:
- Lead future development and technical execution for the services that drive our consumer travel app
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally
- Deliver fast user experience for our customers, leveraging Scala and technologies like HBase, Spark, etc.
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software developers and product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on insuring the company success
- Mentor and coach technical team members
A perfect candidate has:
- Thrived in complex microservices ecosystem and written robust and well-performing web services.
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Designed and developed new microservices in an environment fueling the actions and experience of millions of users.
- Experience leading an Agile development team
- A love of learning and teaching
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Retirement Savings Plan.
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- Work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.