Arobas Personnel is looking for a senior full-stack application developer for a full-time position at one of its clients in Montreal.
The role of full stack senior application developer will be responsible for defining and delivering a scalable and sustainable software solution. The full stack Senior Application Developer will ensure that the technical specifications for development requests are clearly defined from requirements to maintenance.
- Work with the PM to provide estimates and schedules for technical activities.
- Lead the R&D phase for requirements gathering.
- Analyze requirements and produce documentation for architectural recommendations and systems and code level design.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the different products and projects
- Provide hands on application design and coding for the complex or sensitive parts of the project.
- Perform code reviews for standards, quality assurance, and security audit purposes.
- Consult with other projects, development teams, and generally contribute your skills wherever required.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to business requirements and vice versa.
- Address day-to-day and longer term technical issues and problems.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Over 7 years of experience in Web Development
- University or college Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced in Agile/SCRUM software development methodology
- Strong PHP experience
- Experience with Node JS and reactJS desirable
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Show responsibility, initiative, taking pride & ownership in the work delivered.
- Possesses an intense drive to learn how to improve our core products and services.
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge of technology through self-learning.
- Ability to multi-task between projects seamlessly.
- Understand key server-side web development concepts through experiences such as:
- Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP environment
- Caching techniques
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Creating scalable and secure web-services
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Experience with NoSQL DB’s
Domain specific knowledge skills:
- Experience with templating engines
- Experience with both procedural and OOP development techniques.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tables, forms, etc.
- Ability to understand, create and modify CSS/SASS/LESS
- Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
- Ability to create mockups and working with Adobe Photoshop, an asset
Best practices for efficient and easier development such as Patterns and coding standards
- Linux command line
- Subversion, GIT or experience with other Code Repositories.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle