Arnold Oil Company of Austin, L.P. is an industry-leading provider of lubricants and automotive aftermarket parts and accessories. We are celebrating 41 years in business with over 30 locations in central and south Texas. If you’ve ever had your oil changed in the Austin area, chances are you can trace that oil and filter back to one of our stores. Last year, we were ranked #15 in the nation on the Top 25 Auto Chain Report.
We are looking for a full-time Accountant / Accounts Payable I to join our Austin team.
The incumbent performs professional accounting work in the recording and reporting of financial transactions and budgetary control for assigned funds and departments, assists with A/R work as needed, assists in preparing financial report statements and analyses. Also assists with the payments of goods and services necessary for the operation of the Company, responsible for the processing of all payables for designated vendors in a professional and timely manner. This position is a supportive role to the Manager - Accounting.
The primary job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a back-up for daily cash deposits and Cash Receipts Journal posting.
- Responsible for daily bank ledger postings. Work with the Controller to eliminate the duplication of effort between the Cash Receipts Journals and the bank ledgers.
- Responsible for daily mail-out of credits and invoices.
- Responsible for invoicing NSF checks and entry of invoices/credits for sales tax following approval by the Tax Manager.
- Compile data and produce reporting to update Accounting Department’s continuous improvement metrics.
- Daily monitoring, reconciliation, and follow-up on sales and cash receipts posting
- Responsible for assisting with the printing, sorting, and mailing of A/R statements as requested.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for review and entry.
- Prepare G/L balance sheet account reconciliations (including bank account reconciliations) and income statement account analysis as assigned.
- Prepare reports for management, financial institutions, and vendors as assigned – Examples: ADI, base borrowing, inventory comparison, etc.
- Ensure that tax exemption and resale certificates provided by customers are fully completed, up to date, and stored in a secure, organized manner.
- Provide assistance to the Tax Manager during tax audits.
- Projects and other duties as assigned by the Manager – Accounting.
- Handling mail on a daily basis
- Matching invoices to receiving documents
- Receive, organize and enter all invoices for purchase orders and expenses from all retail locations
- Receive, organize and enter all payables related to monthly utility and telephone expense for all locations
- May be responsible for the account coding of expenses according to accepted company accounting principles
- Enter and post invoices into the Accounts Payable JD Edwards module
- Manage and match Return-to-Vendor (RTV) paperwork
- Ensure that appropriate approvals have been received before disbursement is issued
- Process/cut checks for weekly check runs for all vendors
- Matching paid invoices and statements
- File paid and unpaid invoices and statements
- Research vendor statements, phone calls and discrepancies
- Assist department or division management as needed
- Other projects and/or duties as assigned by management
AOC offers our employees competitive pay, group healthcare plans, 401(k) options, paid vacation & holidays and much more!
Arnold Oil Company of Austin, L.P. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. We hire, train, promote, and compensate employees on the basis of personal competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age over 40, marital status, disability, or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Arnold Oil Company of Austin, L.P. is a DRUG FREE