At Arnold Lumber Company, we have been building trusted relationships with builders, remodelers, homeowners and the community since 1911. Customer service, top national brands, quality products and reliability are the foundation we have built our Company on. Arnold Lumber is a fourth generation family owned and operated business. Arnold Lumber offers a casual work environment within a family-like atmosphere. Our entire team works together in order to provide superior customer service to meet company goals.
Arnold Lumber is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team in West Kingston, RI. The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and assist with financial reporting.
- Assist with the month-end close process adhering to strict deadlines.
- Help develop segment reporting and profitability analysis.
- Oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation.
- Record, maintain and reconcile fixed assets, inventory and related depreciation accounts.
- Provide strong financial leadership/analysis to enhance management problem solving, and decision-making to maximize long-term profitability.
- Help provide information to the auditors
- Provide financial and commercial support to senior management within the business.
- Ensure that processes and system enhancements are delivered and spread consistently throughout the business.
- Assist with periodic forecasts and budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting roles.
- Experience with inventory and fixed assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technically strong with a high level of financial and management accounting experience.
- Fully conversant with US GAAP.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex operating environment and engender confidence through involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff.
- Confident individual with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
- Systems proficiency in Excel and general accounting and reporting software.
Arnold Lumber offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Purchase Discount
Please visit our website for more information www.arnoldlumber.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)