Armstrong Garden Centers is seeking a detail-orientated, high-energy marketing manager to manage the day-to-day marketing activities for the largest independent garden center in the U.S. Digital Media & Content Specialist to optimize digital content in support of our marketing strategy to build brand awareness and loyalty.
"Gardening without Guesswork"
Armstrong Garden Centers has been serving California residents for over 125 years. Armstrong is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Armstrong's sister brand, Pike Nurseries, in the Southeast, makes it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- a. Create and deploy customer emails that reflect the brand (2-4 emails per week).
- Liaise with other departments to ensure accuracy and brand consistency
- Manage email subscriber database
- Implement the company's social media strategy; creating, curating and publishing relevant content across all platforms
- Monitor & facilitate online conversations with customers' inquiries
- Research, identify, and reach out to relevant social media influencers to help build collaboration opportunities.
- Update the website with current ads, promotions, events, and develop new pages as needed.
- Field all online inquiries
- Coordinate customer classes - write curricula, develop handouts and signage, and track results. Work with Marketing Administrative Assistant to ensure logistics are outlined and communicated to stores.
- Assist with the execution of all marketing events and attend when necessary (some weekend hours required)
- Generate and manage DIYs, how-to videos and other lifestyle content to provide garden education and inspiration to customers.
- Photograph plants, products, associates, events and more as needed.
- Assist Marketing Manager as needed with media interview requests
- Prepare weekly sales reports to evaluate performance of email and ad messaging
- Stay abreast of digital marketing, social media, and photography trends as well as updates to social media platforms to keep the brand current and relevant.
Manage Marketing Administrative Assistant
- Manage the workflow of the marketing administrative assistant.
- Monitor, distribute and respond to online reviews.
Accept other responsibilities as assigned
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Advanced proficiency in social media channels
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Excel & Word
- Experience with drag-and-drop email service provider like Emarsys, Salesforce or equivalent
- Experience with website backend like WordPress, Magento or equivalent
- Experience with video-making software such as Adobe Premiere, iMovie or equivalent
- Basic photography skills
- Ability to write creatively and edit concisely
- Highly self-motivated and flexible
- Interest in gardening (at any level) a plus
- Retail experience a plus
Status: Full Time / Salary Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Marketing Manager
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday - Hours will vary by season
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing: 3 years (Preferred)