Involvement with all marketing functions for the company’s portfolio of plumbing, heat transfer and expansion product lines in accordance with the annual marketing plan and budget.The successful incumbent must become the expert on the company’s heat transfer and expansion product offering.They will also become a key contributor for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical elements of the marketing plan.
The position requires a mix of thermo-hydraulic technical capability and understanding, and also a strong set of marketing skills. Clear and concise communications skills are a pre-requisite that will be leveraged in numerous presentation environments.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the portfolio of promotional materials in partnership with our Communications Department
- Researches, gathers, and develops training materials on product design and application
- Develops monthly performance reports on the portfolio’s financial result relative to the monthly budget
- Provides training on product features and marketing tactics to the Sales Organizations
- Works with the Sales organization on special strategic customer or project opportunities
- Develops and contributes to the development of the annual marketing plan(s), and budget
- Analyzes monthly financial P&L reports and bookings to identify and correct pricing trends or order anomalies
- Develops monthly a Business Review Report and presents information at monthly review meetings
- Works with Marketing Manager(s) to assemble strategic and tactical components of the marketing plan
- Supports preparation and execution of promotional activities at industry events (conferences, trade shows)
- Prepares and / or presents promotional concepts and product details at industry venues as a public speaker
- Responsible for contribution and involvement with process improvements, product design improvements, new product development, e-learning, service capabilities, and other marketing or corporate initiatives.
- Contribution and involvement with the development and management of strategic vendors and business partners.
- Involvement with the Service Department with special case warranty resolutions and identification of corrective action to warranty trends.
- Develops and contributes to Business Case development for new initiatives ranging from acquisition of capital equipment in the plant, to new product developments.
- Develops and implements product launch and promotional campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
- The position will require that the incumbent be capable of international travel on a regular basis.Total travel requirements are estimated at 20%.
- Must be a seasoned public speaker with a presentation style and professionalism suited to the design engineering community.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- A degree, MBA, or other education in Marketing will be given preference.
- Five or more years of sales or marketing experience in the commercial construction marketplace or industrial market.
- Five or more years of engineering experience.
- Experience with annual budget planning, development of marketing plans, and business reporting.
- Excellent computer and software skills (including excel, word, power point, and project manager).
- Knowledge of, and experience with shell and tube, and plate and frame style heat exchangers.
- Knowledge of, and experience with the Bid/Spec and Design Build market place
- Knowledge of, and experience with an ERP business management software
- Demonstrated experience in participation on product development teams.
- Experience with international or export sales.
- The incumbent must possess practical marketing experience in a commercial or industrial segment.
- The position requires a degree of thermo-hydraulic technical knowledge and work experience.
- A broad knowledge of, and experience with, P&L calculations, budgeting processes, and annual planning is required.
Sound like you? Send in your resume application today!