This is an exciting opportunity within a Global Company which is a pioneer in designing and manufacturing HVAC systems. As a Marketing Specialist you will be involved in all marketing functions for the company’s portfolio of HVAC Packaged Systems and associated automation products. You will become the key contributor for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical elements of the marketing plan. You will have the opportunity to bring your skillset of thermo-hydraulic, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, system design, electrical control as well as a strong set of marketing skills. Being a public speaker with a presentation style and professionalism suited to the design engineering community will be your strong asset.
- Develops and maintains the portfolio of promotional materials in partnership with the Communications Department
- Researches, gathers, and develops training materials on product design and application
- Provides training on product features and marketing tactics to the Sales Organizations
- Works with the Sales organization on special strategic customer or project opportunities
- Develops and contributes to the development of the annual marketing plan(s), and budget
- Analyzes monthly financial P&L reports and bookings to identify and correct pricing trends or order anomalies
- Works with Marketing Manager(s) to assemble strategic and tactical components of the marketing plan
- Supports preparation and execution of promotional activities at industry events (conferences, trade shows)
- Prepares and / or presents promotional concepts and product details at industry venues as a public speaker
- Responsible for contribution and involvement with process improvements, product design improvements, new product development, online learning, service capabilities, and other marketing or corporate initiatives.
- Contribution and involvement with the development and management of strategic vendors and business partners.
- Develops and contributes to Business Case development for new initiatives ranging from acquisition of capital equipment in the plant, to new product developments.
- Develops and implements product launch and promotional campaigns.
- Structures company’s on-line data configurator for product selection and sizing rules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practical marketing experience in a commercial or industrial segment
- Technical Knowledge of thermo-hydraulic, control system, and system design technical knowledge
- University or CET designation in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field. Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario is an asset
- A complimentary degree, or other education in Marketing will be given preference
- 5+ years of sales or marketing experience in the commercial construction marketplace or industrial market
- 5+ years of technical / engineering experience
- Experience with annual budget planning, development of marketing plans, and business reporting
- Experienced public speaker
- Excellent computer and software skills (including excel, word, power point, and project manager)
- Knowledge of, hydraulic systems, heat transfer, controls, Bid/Spec, Design Build market place as well as experience with an ERP business management software
- Demonstrated experience in product development
- Experience with international or export sales
- International travel on a regular basis is required (20%)
Sound like you? Send in your resume application today!