You'll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North America's best and most trusted manufacturer of resilient flooring and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
That's us. That's Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, we're proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
The EHS Manager is responsible for the plant's environmental, safety and health programs, initiatives and compliance. This position provides leadership, regulatory expertise, and a passion for safety to plant employees. The EH&S Manager defines plant safety requirements, audits current safety systems, engages employees, and identifies continuous improvement opportunities for the plant safety program. This position also coordinates the activities of contractors for environmental services and the site's workers' compensation program.
Who you'll be working with:
- Reporting directly to the Plant Manager
- Plant's leadership team
- All employees and contractors in the plant
- Functional support from corporate safety professionals in Lancaster, PA
- What you'll be doing:
- You'll be a key member of hte plant leadership team by provide safety expertise throughout the plant with active employee engagement activities.
- Establish leading vs. lagging safety indicators and utilize predictive safety systems to reduce near misses and injuries.
- Partner with the Supervisors and Safety Coordinators to accomplish all required EHS programs, including but not limited to: Hazard Communication, PPE, Emergency Action Plans, Mobile Equipment, Cranes, Elevator, Confined Space, Hot Work, Asbestos, Hearing Conservation, LOTO, etc. and all associated training and Job Safety Analysis.
- Provide training and annual refreshers, keeping all plant employees current.
- Investigate injuries, ensure the employee receives necessary medical attention, initiates necessary corrective action, and follow-ups with employee and supervisor.
- Ensure compliant Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program is in place and robust auditing of program is conducted regularly.
- Utilize Behavior Based Safety practices to increase active participation among all employees in reducing risk tolerance.
- Update and maintain plant's OSHA regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Oversee the plant's Worker's Compensation program in close coordination with Human Resource Manager on claims.
- Ensure proper operation of all required federal and state environmental programs, including: air quality management, hazardous/residual/universal waste management (including waste minimization), storm water, etc.
- Conduct site audits, evaluate plant's compliance with environmental regulations and identify areas of improvement.
- Lead investigations on environmental non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational issues.
- Ensure a compliant and fully documented process for environment health and safety permit compliance (Title V, etc.).
- Ensure accurate and on-time submission of environmental reports - maintain the EHS calendar.
What you'll bring to the table:
- BS degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Management or closely related field.
- 3+ years demonstrated EHS management experience in a manufacturing environment; 2+ years managing workers compensation programs.
- Experience with environmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Previous experience utilizing Behavior Based Safety Principles and/or programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and delivering training.
- Incident Investigation expertise including Root Cause Analysis or Five Why Analysis.
- Strong leadership, project management, team facilitation, and communication skills (writing, presentation, data organization).
- Proficiency in Minitab or similar statistical software
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Green Belt certification
DEVELOPMENT At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many long-tenured employees with diverse career paths. We offer the following opportunities to promote a growth culture: On-the-job training, Online learning, Job shadowing
BENEFITS include 401k with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee discount program, Employee Assistance Program, Mothers Rooms, Paid holidays, Ability to purchase additional vacation, Health Savings Accounts, Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, Instructor-led courses, Tuition reimbursement and Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
- Workers Comp Programs: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- EHS Management: 3 years (Required)
- Certified Safety Professional (Preferred)