Are you looking to contribute to a team of leaders in the web development industry with proven success and award-winning standards? We are looking for an individual or multiple to fill the position of an on-call backend developer with the possibility to progress further into the company.
- Handling all web projects within for clients and the company itself (concept to completion) for web
- Specific web tasks: wordpress website developments, additional website developments using variety of CMS types, plugin creations, developing website templates, maintaining client website databases, creating and implementing website animations
- Researching and keeping up to date with the latest web practices, technology, web software, and methods.
- Troubleshooting problems with the server, router, modem, equipment, workstations or any other electronics and computers, and investigate, report and fix as necessary
- Monitoring web equipment and software and advising Management of new requirements to be successful
- Perform basic administrative tasks in recording timesheet information, email admin, and attending creative brainstorming meetings with clients and sales staff
- Quoting any web projects required via research
- Maintaining modern web practices and research for inspiration to enhance efficiencies
- Occasional updating company profile
- Attend any requested Web Meetings and Staff Culture Meetings to remain current on policies and procedures, discussions
- Troubleshooting issues should they arise VIA web
- Collaborating with design department to discuss graphics to web practices and question any issues in developing web work before presenting for client review and approval
- Assisting with any web maintenance or site slicing projects in Wordpress/PHP/XHTML/MySQL as required
- Reporting to Accounts and the Production Supervisor of any new and fresh ideas in the web development industry
- Critical thinking is a MUST
- Ability to take direction, ability to research and ability to report back
- Ability to investigate web issues and provide resolutions
- Drive to perform all tasks to satisfactory
- Will report to Production Supervisor/Executive to the President
- Ability to work from home and on-call
- Knowledge of graphic design (Photoshop, Canva, other)
- Video editing/shooting
- Has a College/University Degree in the related field
- Experience in social media posting/scheduling
- Understanding of Seach Engine Optimization
- Understanding of E-Commerce websites
- Team player
- Creative individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized to meet deadlines
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently
- POSITIVE OUTLOOK AND ATTITUDE
We are a great team to join, we are a fun hardworking team that are looking for someone to step in and help where needed. The position is contract work, with a possibility for growth within the company.
We ask that when applications apply to provide their requested hourly rate, and their availability.
We are accepting cover letters, resumes and portfolios, and looking to fill this position as soon as we can, but are able to wait for the right candidate.
Only qualified candidates will be responded to, and a phone interview is expected to follow.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Freelance