Records Analyst, Property/Evidence and Records Retention Bureau, York Regional Police
Salary Range $73,224 – $77,764
Reference Number #14-57E
- Completed post-secondary diploma including specialized courses in Records Management, Business Law or Computer Technology.
- Minimum three years of experience in creating and implementing records systems.
- Electronic Records Management (ERM) Specialist or Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Specialist certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of retention guidelines and relevant records as well as information management applications for records retention.
- Previous implementation with SharePoint and/or OpenText is an asset.
- Experience mapping business requirements to business processes.
- Excellent writing skills in order to prepare reports and procedures.
- Ability to assess processing effectiveness with respect to program goals and requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Resolution and conflict management skills.
- A valid class “G” Driver’s Licence
The duties for this position may involve but are not limited to:
- Researches, analyses, reports and makes recommendations regarding the lifecycle management of active, inactive, and vital records for York Regional Police.
- Conducts records inventories, and assists in the evaluation and recommendation of property systems.
- Documents procedures used to create retention schedules and maintain records systems.
- Participates in related projects including the design, evaluation, review, implementation, maintenance and updates to records management-related systems.
- Implementing retention schedule and creating destruction notifications for inactive records, and working with individual areas in order to review materials and gain approval for destruction.
- Maintaining knowledge and awareness of current industry trends, as well as methods and technologies related to inactive records management.
- Providing training on records management systems for active and inactive records.
- Acting as a liaison between user departments and the Property/Evidence and Records Retention Bureau regarding issues of retention and disposition.
- Analyzing, classifying and researching appropriate retention values for each class of records, and preparing and maintaining the final retention schedule draft.
- Conducting research necessary to determine retention conclusions and maintaining a library of references.
- Maintaining systems for maintaining, updating and disseminating retention schedules throughout the organization.
- Working with users to identify vital records and recommending/implementing proper procedures for their protection.
- Establishing data rotation procedures for both in-house and off-site storage, for all electronic media.
- In consultation with Information Technology, providing user awareness training in continuity and disaster recovery training.
Please submit your resume by e-mail quoting reference number #14-57E to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in York Regional Police; however only those selected will be contacted.
York Regional Police is committed to our Corporate Values. All York Regional Police employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2015
York Regional Police is committed to enhancing the quality of service we provide by not only meeting standards and community expectations, but exceeding them. We promote and instill a work environment where all staff members lead by example, are committed to responsible decision making, and are accountable for their actions. For more information about our organization and our hiring process, please visit our website at www.yrp.ca.
VISION-INSPIRED MISSION-FOCUSED VALUES-DRIVEN