Build upon Arlington’s strengths to showcase horseracing as appealing entertainment, effectively developing and executing our marketing and brand strategies and engaging current and prospective customers of Arlington International Racecourse.
Must have the ability to manage aggressive timelines, understand complex organizational dynamics and work effectively with others on a team focused on multiple initiatives to improve Arlington International’s marketing and branding initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participate and assist in planning and execution of marketing and promotional events on and off-site.
Manage internal event planning communication using Delphi software.
Book all paid entertainment for promotional calendar while staying within a strict budget. Communicate with entertainment prior to performance – load in time, performance time, rules/regulations to follow, all other information as need be.
Assist in race day execution of events including but not limited to equipment set up, performance scheduling, load in/out.
Responsible for data entry and general upkeep and segmentation of customer information.
Assist with production notes for events.
Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion.
Assist in Digital Marketing duties as assigned (including but not limited to basic SEO, List Management, Social Media Analytics, Website Maintenance).
Responsible for creating detailed timelines for each on and off-site event.
Manage, create, and execute all upgraded ticket options for special events.
In coordination with Assistant Marketing Manager, execute multiple customer loyalty programs.
Develop strategy and execute Enter to Win programs.
Assist in real time social media posts with supervision from Assistant Marketing Manager.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must be trustworthy and fully dedicated to doing what it takes for the company to be successful
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges
- Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with the ability to implement programs with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sport industry
- Competitive nature and a contagious positive attitude
- Can-do attitude. Nothing is too much to handle for the successful candidate
- Excellent human relations and communications skills are essential
Education, Training and Experience
- College degree required with emphasis in Marketing, Sports Management, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent
- 1-2 years prior experience in event marketing, digital marketing, communications, social media marketing
- Experience managing multiple projects and working within aggressive deadlines
- General accounting experience; able to handle cash and credit card transactions, follow a budget and balance a bank account
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn required ticketing software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to reach, and or feel; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Arlington Park reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
1 - 2 years: Event Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media Marketing
Bachelors or better in Communication or related field
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well