Arkadium has been reinventing content since 2001. In that time, our products - from interactive data visualizations (called factives) to games, quizzes and more - have been played hundreds of billions of times, delighting users while helping our partners achieve their goals. (Fun Fact: If you’re reading this on your Microsoft computer, check out your Solitaire game. That’s us!)
The biggest names in tech and publishing, like Microsoft, The Washington Post and hundreds more, use our innovative technology to engage and wow their audiences. But it’s not just our partners that are succeeding – our award-winning culture has been featured on the cover of Inc magazine and celebrated countless times. If you align with our values of fierce drive, positive energy and living a full and balanced life then we’d love to hear from you.
Arkadium seeks a Graphic Designer who will play a key role in the Creative Innovation department. The ideal candidate will have a passion for innovative content and be highly skilled in visual design, typography, color, and composition.
Working out of our New York office, this designer will develop visual solutions that elevate our products, refine our brand identity, and communicate our mission and vision.
- Design premium imagery for a range of products, including (but not limited to) digital interfaces, in-house creative, and promotional assets
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing departments to create compelling designs that work well on-screen, in print, and on the convention floor
- Support and maintain our process of design creation and curation for the team
- Participate in our iterative development process, gathering and integrating feedback from stakeholders and other team members to constantly improve our designs
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to our overall design process
- Stay on top of trends and share industry best practices for web and graphic design
- Be an imaginative thinker, a thoughtful problem solver, and an energetic ambassador for creative innovation
- BA/BS degree in Graphic/Visual/Communication Design
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing graphics for print and digital
- A modern design aesthetic, with bonus points for traditional illustration skills
- Can design logos, craft a product identity, and build stellar presentations
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Adobe Animate and/or After Effects is a plus
- Photography and videography experience a BIG plus
- Expert ability to create mockups and designs in an iterative, agile environment
- Team player with can-do spirit including great time management, attention to detail, and strategic analytical ability
- Focused on organization and process. Knows that good process creates good results.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Possesses Positive Energy and Fierce Drive!
Candidates MUST include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
- Health Insurance with subsidized medical (95% covered for EE plans!), dental and vision plans - from day one
- Competitive compensation with performance based quarterly bonuses
- Positive work/life balance with generous vacation time and work-from-home days
- A unique culture of teamwork and fun
- A beautiful Flatiron studio located in the heart of NYC's Silicon Alley, just steps from Madison Square Park
- Summer Fridays: our office closes at 3pm every Friday between Memorial Day & Labor Day
WE'VE BEEN RECOGNIZED!
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplace - 2016, 2017
- Crain's Best Places to Work - 2017
- Ad Age Best Places to Work - 2017
- Digiday Worklife Award - 2017
- Great Place to Work Certified - 2019