Payroll and Accounting Administrator
- Pay employees twice a month including re-imbursements.
- Review pay cheques and apply reimbursements, deductions, benefits, adjustments prior to running payroll
- Assist in onboarding new employees in database
- Create and maintain employee files for current and past employees
- Administer time data software for SR&ED purposes
- Create time data and payroll reports on a weekly basis
- Assist employees with payroll inquiries and employment references
- Process records of employment, T4s, and other payroll documents when necessary
- Complete annual source deduction and vacation pay reconciliations, Record General Journal entries relating to payroll adjustments when necessary
- review payroll liability account balances, adjust and prepare Year End reports for external auditors
- Calculate and adjust biweekly taxable benefit amounts for the new taxation year.
Accounting Administration/office duties
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, assist in completing all monthly transactions in preparation of financial meeting
- Enter and process vendor bills, reviewing payables, preparing the payables report, and completing vendor payments on a weekly basis for all companies
- Set up of new clients and vendors on all required systems (accounting, time data software, etc)
- Review and enter credit card transactions on a weekly basis
- Receive cheque and credit card payments on Quickbooks and prepare bank deposit books when required.
- Reconcile deposits and payments daily prior to Finance Manager's reconciliation to ensure accuracy
- Review Accounts Receivables and prepare a collections report. Follow up with clients for collection of outstanding receivables, providing client statements and other billing inquiries
- Review and correct entries through the chart of accounts' reports, complete journal entry transactions
- Assist the Finance Manager with end of year account reconciliations and reports for external auditors.
- Administer and maintain 3rd party service transactions such Rogers, cleaning company etc, to set up new employees, monitor transactions for fraudulent activities, keep accounts up-to-date.
- Assist the Finance Manager with other duties as required
- Ordering office supplies and coffee
- Setup processes in the office. For example, Incoming mail process, AP/AR Process.
- Work together with Finance Manager in learning Business Central from Microsoft.
- Background in payroll administration for at least 50 employees
- Understanding of federal and provincial regulations concerning payroll and accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience and ability to create reports
- Strong skills in use of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented, and able to work in a very fast paced environment with tight deadlines
Don't miss the opportunity to join a fast growing Company that offers learning and advancement opportunities, a great team environment and competitive compensation packages.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year