Business Title: Director of Marketing, Canada
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing, North America
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Arjo is a global supplier of medical devices, services and solutions that improve quality of life for people with reduced mobility and age-related health challenges. Our offering includes products and solutions for patient handling, hygiene, disinfection, medical beds and other therapeutic surfaces .
Job Function Summary :
The Director of Marketing, Canada is responsible for the development and coordination of company marketing strategies and supporting tactics. This includes directing the development of the company’s market requirements across the Arjo Canada business lines, and the development of downstream marketing programs, with the overall responsibility of ensuring that the department achieves annual sales and earnings targets. The Director of Marketing, Canada leads the development of business plans, manages product lifecycles, product positioning in the market place, placement, and promotions. The position provides direction and drives market research, monitoring competitive activity, and identifying customer needs are critical functions. The position collaborates with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products and product lines.
Job Functions : (Primary “essential” duties and responsibilities)
- Direct the development of local business plans, market strategies, marketing communications, new product launches, and pricing strategies. Leads the development and execution of strategic and tactical marketing plans to drive rapid Canadian sales growth.
- Lead and develop and operationalization of the Arjo global plan in both the Acute and Post-Acute Care market.
- Coach and lead Marketing team to ensure effective achievement of the business objectives
- Champion projects through influencing and coaching of internal departments, sales force and strategic customers
- Drives market research and intelligence gathering including direct customer research as well as interacting with Sales and Product Development Groups to understand market, customer needs, and sales force needs, product development direction and timing and product capabilities.
- Achieve annual department budget: ensure appropriate resource allocation across the business and track return on investment of marketing activities.
- Prepare and execute new product launches. Coordinate the seeding, pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
- Work closely with sales organization to ensure alignment on business strategies and execution plan.
- Lead the commercial practice to ensure that the value proposition is clear, concise and actionable to drive incremental growth.
- Develop compelling marketing communication material that resonate with our customers and are aligned with our value proposition.
- Collaborate with other regions to gain increase insights and share best practice with other affiliates.
- Seek out new business opportunities that would have a positive impact on the business.
- Develop a robust communication plan that is aligned with overall business objectives.
- Lead the company internal communication plans including blogging and Intranet content management.
- Manage the company’s tradeshows and symposium to support marketing and sales objectives.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow the business.
- Able to make fact based decisions that will drive the business forward.
- Ability to plan, set objectives, prioritize, measure performance, provide direction and build a strong marketing team focus on driving growth involvement at all levels.
- Strong ability to collaborate with different functional areas both in Canada and worldwide.
- Must be a self-starter, an independent thinker and a rapid decision maker.
- Must have superb analytical skills and business acumen to assess strategic opportunities and execute tactically.
- Ability to review and interpret scientific studies and clinical data, determine the implications for field sales and strategic plans
- Ability to display practical creativity in finding new business opportunities and solutions to meet our customer’s needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point or equivalent software applications.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 30%.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven track record and success managing marketing teams in the biotech industry.
- Proven leadership capability and goal oriented management style with capability to manage in a matrix organization with international business partners.
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all Health Canada and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- You must have the education and experience to understand and comply with Canadian and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Responsible for understanding and conforming to the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming to the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
Supervision/Management Of Others:
Responsible for overseeing Marketing Managers and other personnel as assigned by the VP of Marketing, North America
Internal and External Contacts/Relationships:
- Senior North American Arjo Leadership Team
- Canadian Sales Team
- Internal and external executive level management.
- Outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors, and/or suppliers.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary with performance based incentive plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Pension plan
- Company Vehicle
For more information, please visit our Website: <span lang="EN-GB" style="color: rgb(68, 114, 196); letter-spacing: 0.15pt; font-family: "Arial",sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-CA; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;"> www.arjo.com/en-ca
We value your interest in employment with ARJO but please keep in mind that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.