About the Role:
This position is responsible for driving an Arizona Shower Door truck making delivery of shower doors and materials to various customers around the local market as well as some overnight routes. Drivers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service during the delivery process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives an ASD delivery truck transporting shower doors and materials to customers surrounding the local market, some routes include overnight stays.
- Assists with unloading deliveries for customers displaying an outstanding commitment to customer service following the Company Code of Conduct and policies as well.
- Follows all federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments.
- Unloads and loads merchandise at the customer locations utilizing lift-gates, pallet jacks and other material handling equipment.
- Performs routine vehicle inspections and follows local and federal transportation regulations.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections of vehicle; report vehicle maintenance problems to Supervisor upon discovery.
- Maintain daily trip and fuel logs; submit all logs to Supervisor as required.
- Report problems with equipment or any unsafe conditions to Supervisor or the Branch Manager.
- When deliveries don't fill a 40-hour schedule, Drivers will assist in various tasks on the production floor such as building or boxing shower doors, sweeping floors, putting away inventory, etc. to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Assist with inventory cycle counts as needed.
- Promote a cooperative work environment and support coworkers by interacting and responding respectfully and assisting in other areas as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 or more years of experience driving and delivering product required.
- Ability to drive delivery vehicles ranging from delivery vans to straight box trucks.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of the glass industry preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with delivery routes and local area - good with directions.
- Must have a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations.
- Must have negative DOT Drug/Alcohol testing at time of hire and background.
- Must obtain DOT Medical Card upon completion of pre-placement physical per ASD standards.
- Ability to accurately maintain daily logs and related record keeping.
- Ability to use ELD - Electronic Logging Device on tablet or phone along with other logistic applications as needed.
- Ability to work past scheduled time based on business needs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to learn and be proficient with various computer hardware and software to include, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Collaborative team member with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent's Manager at any time based upon Company need.
Arizona Shower Door is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.