Job Title: Sales Associate
Salary Grade: Base Salary with commission pay structure
Arizona Fireplaces was founded in 1980 and remains privately owned and proudly based in Phoenix, Arizona. We grew from its founding entity 'Arizona Fasteners Corp' which began by serving the hardware needs of the local home building community. Today, we are a recognized industry leader and national distributor, supplying and distributing an innovative range of products with life and style in mind. We are honored to serve our community and offer our customers the finest availability of major name brand fireplaces and hearth accessories.
Scope of Position
We are currently looking for a Sales Associate to join our team with both sales and construction experience. While we are willing to provide training, an individual with the ability to create quotes from blueprints and/or job specifications is a plus. This sales associate will be involved in floor sales of fireplaces as well as preparing quotes for fireplace installation and related systems after review of blueprints, plans and specifications. Must be able to account for labor, materials and equipment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sales support to walk in and phone customers.
- Meet sales quotas.
- Review blueprints and specifications and knowledge of fireplaces to analyze project needs and provide quote.
- Job site visits and inspections.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Works cross functionally with operations team to provide information on required materials, selections, labor and installations requirements to complete the job
- Creates quotes in SAP with all the required materials, selections and labor and presents quotes to builder/homeowner customers explaining lead times and installation requirements
- Stays up-to-date on all product offerings, new processes and procedures, new services and new tools. Attend sales/branch/regional meetings and hands-on training sessions
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customers
- Educate customers on how products and services can benefit them
- Maintain self-education on brands and products we sell
- Prepare monthly paperwork on time and in a neat, legible and professional manner
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Networking skills
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years in retail sales.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings for installation of fireplaces.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solver.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Arizona Fireplaces provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- SAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused