The mission of the Technical Development Department is to ensure that we deliver on the design vision with superior fit and construction.
As a member of the Technical Development team, you will be part of the team responsible for delivering the Creative Design vision and Aritzia’s customer expectations through the fit, construction and quality of our product. As the Technical Developer, you will support in producing the highest quality product through your skills in pattern making, manufacturing knowledge, and proactive and collaborative communications with cross-functional teams and vendors. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless – from a rewarding career in Product to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Technical Developer, you will support the team to:
- Ensure that our product delivers consistent and superior fit and construction using photos, fit comments, tech packs, blocks and patterns.
- Identify potential fit, quality and production issues on samples and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining design’s creative vision and intent.
- Effectively communicate requirements and feedback to suppliers.
The Technical Developer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow oneself
- A dedication to operational efficiency, investing in process and systems to improve team and business results
- The intellectual and emotional intelligence to tactically partner cross-functionally in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The skills to set clear objectives and hold oneself accountable to reach your full capability and maximize your capacity
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in pattern-making and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known .