The mission of the Technical Design Department is to bring the Creative vision to life and ensure that no detail is missed in any style.
As a member of the Creative Team you will be part of the team responsible for delivering the clothes our clients will love – and race out to buy. As the Technical Designer, you will support in translating the Creative Design vision in order to develop the components and specifications of each garment. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless – from a rewarding career in Product to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Technical Designer, you will support the team to:
- Identify aspirational trends across all applicable product elements through research on Runway, aspirational marketplace, trend forecasters, and tradeshows
- Develop all the necessary components on each garment including trims, secondary fabrics and lining
- Ensure all detailed specifications are expertly captured for each individual garment
The Technical Designer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow oneself
- A dedication to operational efficiency, investing in process and systems to improve team and business results
- The intellectual and emotional intelligence to tactically partner cross-functionally in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The skills to set clear objectives and hold oneself accountable to reach your full capability and maximize your capacity
- The skills and/or education that are an asset to perform in the role and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known .