We are currently hiring a Staff Accountant to join our team. You will understand how our budget numbers represent the people we serve and effectively use financial data to tell our story to oversight agencies, legislators, and the public. You will be a leader in our accounting team, working closely with our CFO in a supportive team based environment.
Join us by applying online at www.arc-sd.com/jobs!
Who you are:
* Detail oriented with a strong commitment to accuracy
* Possessing a firm understanding of the principles and practices of accounting and financial record keeping
* Familiar with multiple funding sources and restricted funds
* Dedicated and desire to work in an environment mission-focused on serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A typical day will include:
* Preparing accounting schedules, financial statements, journal entries and monthly close-activities.
* Reconciling ledger accounts and bank statements.
* Creating and running reports in multiple systems.
* Assisting with the annual budget process.
* Assisting with annual external audits (August/ September).
What you'll need to be successful:
* A B.A. in Finance or Accounting
* Accounting experience in a financially complex organization
* High comfort working with financial software and Excel
We'd love it if you:
* Had experience using Blackbaud Financial Edge software
* Used data for mission story-telling in an effective, understandable manner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 /hour
This Job Is: