Are you excited about the possibility of increasing the rate of innovation and improving mission outcomes by accelerating the adoption of High Performance Computing with cloud computing? Can you build Go-to-Market (GTM) strategies and programs that help the science and research community understand the art of the possible with cloud computing as well as ways to implement it? AWS is seeking a Technical Business Development Manager who understands and can accelerate the computational trends impacting scientific computing and research in the public sector (government, education, non-profits). AWS is used by researchers worldwide to accelerate, expand and extend their computing capability with innovative approaches to scalable computation based workloads, data pipelines, and open data applied to their to High Performance Computing (HPC), Data Analytics, and Machine Learning.
The HPC Technical Business Development Manager (TBDM) will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective HPC programs to accelerate broad-based cloud adoption in targeted domains. The TBDM will facilitate the enablement of sales and solution architects with specific domain-centric value proposition about AWS’ capabilities within HPC. The TBDM will work closely with AWS sales, marketing, capture, partners, and other field teams to proactively position AWS solutions for research to customers, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with AWS. Programs and strategies developed by the TBDM will allow AWS to support Principal Investigator’s pursuit of grant funding and their successful utilization of AWS services. The programs developed must provide scale for our customers and sales organization. AWS customers look to the cloud to define and support sustainable capabilities within the public sector research market segment.
The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
The candidate can be located anywhere in the United States, with preference for the Washington, D or Seattle areas. The position involves 30% travel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS HPC market strategy for the public sector’s HPC, scientific, and research computing markets
- Devise Strategy: Engage with Solution Architects, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Professional Services, Service Teams, and Partners to define HPC Go-to-Market and engagement programs.
- Thought Leadership: Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS HPC Services. This includes external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers.
- Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services
- Represent AWS within industry forums and support direct engagement of PIs and their core support teams
- Build and manage pursuit plans for major research funding opportunities.
- Facilitate the translation of customer requirements to AWS HPC services and help define education paths for on-campus research core teams.
- Understand the technical requirements of our HPC customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Present reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Capture and share HPC best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS community
- Understand and develop plans to accelerate adoption in market segments and industry verticals, especially within the public sector.