Amazon Web Services is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform and AWS services are trusted by more than 1 million active customers around the world. AWS’s culture is defined by our core leadership principles, we are customer obsessed, passionate about public cloud, innovative, strategic, and mission oriented.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Partner Marketing Manager to develop awareness, create demand and drive revenue for our Database Services. In this role, you will build the content plan and programs that help customers understand the value and benefits of running our databases on AWS.
In the Sr. Partner Marketing Manager role, you will build and deliver global partner marketing programs, collateral and thought leadership content, demand generation activities that enable AWS to grow their business on AWS through new and existing customers. As a global leader, you will develop a deep understanding of the AWS partner ecosystem and field priorities to effectively execute a partner marketing plan to support the growth objectives of the region. You will monitor, manage and support utilization of marketing development funds (MDF) across the worldwide partner ecosystem; and develop the right metrics to link ROI to spend activity. You will continuously engage with your partners so that they are aware of the full scope of marketing resources and support that AWS has to offer. For your group of partners, you will be responsible for defining the global partner strategy, building execution plans, and measuring and reporting success.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a marketing background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales/field reps. This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills to collaborate with AWS Product Marketing Teams, Global & Regional Partner Marketing Teams, Business Development Teams and the Partner organization to execute partner marketing programs worldwide. You will be the voice of these partners needs into various internal stakeholders and to share best practices across regions. Prior knowledge of databases is not a requirement, but foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure is needed.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast-growing business. It's important for this role to have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape are critical to this role.
- Develop and execute best-in-class marketing programs with that can be executed across different partner tiers to effectively drive end-customer adoption of partner solutions.
- Develop detailed campaign project plans, including campaign goals, messaging, call to action, marketing distribution channels, follow-up activities, and success metrics.
- Work closely with top AWS partners to build joint value proposition messaging and content.
- Develop and refine our message to the Contact Center industry, thru partners.
- Work closely with the Partner Business Development (PDM) leaders to identify priorities and partner marketing initiatives.
- Develop event strategy, success criteria, and metrics for AWS participation in industry and partner events.
- Design partner marketing programs and campaigns that are either executed globally, or delivered to regional marketing teams for local activation.
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Willing to travel to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support the sales team
- Comfortable adopting a startup mentality while working within a large company
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.