- Direct field experience working with enterprise accounts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to hire and retain a highly performing technical pre-sales team
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community
- Identify customer requirement trends and provide feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work with senior and executive level management, and the ability to map a customer's business needs to technology solutions. The successful candidate must be able to articulate the business value of AWS solutions and have a proven track record of successful leadership of senior technical professionals
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Would you like to manage a specialized solutions architecture team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services' cloud infrastructure solutions? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to establish successful partnerships across the engineering and sales organizations? As the Technical Solutions Specialist Leader for the US West area, you will lead a team of specialized architects who are focused on selling high growth offerings from the AWS portfolio. You will establish a trusted partnership and develop the engagement model with the generalist solution architects within the US West area.
The ideal candidate will possess a pre-sales background and deep technology focus to lead our pre-sales solution specialists team. You will be a self-starter who can develop a strategic technical plan to serve the customers, partners, and market segments that you cover. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a member of the Americas Solutions Architecture leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solution Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support different types of workloads, including software-as-a-service, storage, database, edge computing, Windows, and end user computing.
This role is a hybrid of strategic business development and technical architecture.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet