- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience
- Fluency in object-oriented design patterns and languages like Java
- Experience building and operating mission critical cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to solve difficult and highly ambiguous software problems
- Interest and desire to learn new skills and do things never done before
Interested in disrupting the status quo? Want to build a new machine learning service from the ground floor and make a multi-million-dollar impact to our customers' bottom line?
We are seeking an exceptional software engineer to own the development of a brand new AWS service. As a member of a new initiative, you will influence the design, own development of core software, and partner closely with some of the most talented machine learning scientists and software engineers at AWS!
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of modern web technologies, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.