- 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 5+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to the Fortune 2000
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- Experience in prospecting, positioning, and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer's business
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing strategic accounts with the Fortune 2000? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As a Named Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in Named accounts that have not yet adopted AWS or the public cloud. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. They should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive adoption and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Meet or exceed quarterly objectives
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services while executing aggressive prospecting
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel
- Position is based in NY
- This person will be expected to be in the NY office when not visiting Customers in NY and NJ.