- Candidates must be located in major AWS office locations
- Proven ability to "build new businesses with partners"
- 10 + years of experience selling technology solutions, preferably with Systems Integrators
- 8+ years of experience driving growth through and with cross-functional teams including technical, sales, marketing and segmentation, legal and other organizations
- 5+ years of successful experience managing high performing partner teams
- In-depth experience working with transformative technology including cloud, IoT, business intelligence, analytics
- Strong writing skills with the ability to draft client ready documents, email and internal reports.
- Proven experience with consistent partner growth and quota attainment.
- BS level degree or equivalent experience.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm in computing and seeking talented individuals for an exciting role of an Area Partner Development Manager. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of choice?
The AWS Consulting Partner Ecosystem has grown to tens of thousands of partners worldwide and these Systems Integrators, Advisors, Professional and Managed Services Partners deliver key services that drive customer business outcomes. This role is a people manager role, focusing on Consulting Partner Community development within the assigned territory.
As Partner Development Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive growth and shape the future of an emerging SI consulting partners. Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented partner development team focused on new opportunity creation, AWS practice creation, and new partner development. This includes building coordinated and comprehensive go-to-market investment plans with our field managed partners, and working extensively with internal teams including technical leadership, legal, marketing, contracts and executive teams to ensure growth through, to and with AWS' partners.
The ideal candidate will possess a partner development and channel management background that enables them to lead a team of senior partner development managers with sales, technical and marketing engagements at all levels of the partnership and quickly adapt to changing business conditions when needed.
You will be expected to:
- Mentor and grow the assigned partner development team.
- Have a holistic view of the Partner Community in a local market, a deep understanding of the partner capabilities and solutions.
- Operational Excellence, critical part of the job, proven ability to create landing mechanisms to scale and work with data to measure business impact
- Advise partner sales leaders on new and growing partners to deliver qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Become a trusted member of the partner leadership team in the assigned areas to own entire partner community in named areas.
- Work closely with Partner Solution Architects (PSA) to ensure partners deliver quality results and work with Partner Development Managers (PDM) on engaging their partners in the local market.
- Continue to mentor and to grow the assigned partner development management team.
- Assign quota and quarterly goals, and ensure partner team has the appropriate tools and resources to be successful
- Drive revenue new opportunity generation.
- Maintain and accurately manage a robust sales pipeline.
- Manage contract negotiations with partners.