Would you like to own driving the global technical strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and work with the world’s largest and most innovative telecommunications companies? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with Technology leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish AWS as a leader in the Telecom industry?
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the Telecom market, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technology relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, accelerators, toolkits including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption in the Telecom space.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of Telecom companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to the Telecom platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. Furthermore, having an understanding of Telecom-specific architectural frameworks such as Network Functions Virtualization, Virtual WANs, point of views on 5G and related roadmaps will be an important distinguishing element of the ideal candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the broader Telecom team, helps develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partner.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for the Telecom industry and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, Partners, Professional Services consultants, Technical Account Managers, etc.) understand both the use cases and technologies involved across the Telecom vertical. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the Telecom industry.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in the Telecom space, and is able to credibly represent us at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large Telecom enterprise IT environments.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs
Must be able to travel approximately 40%
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA