Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of storage technologies spanning block, file and object architectures and a deep passion for working with customers to help deliver mission critical data storage solutions then this is a great role for you. The ideal candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of leading complex customer engagement and sales cycles which include all aspects of storage, network security, networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications and databases. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the new scale-out style applications designed for the cloud?
Do you have a flair for helping customers to build positive outcomes and delivering value added solutions to the most difficult challenges and a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures. The role will require a high degree of consultative selling and leadership skills as you engage some of the the most recognizable corporate brands in the world. The role will require you to represent Amazon Web Services (AWS) in strategic conversations and opportunities with the CXO audience.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated senior sales professions to help accelerate our growing Storage business. Customers of all sizes face unique challenges in managing and storing data and accomplishing complex missions with limited resources. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team , bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to commercial leaders that want to serve their customers more effectively.
As a Commercial Sector Principal Sales leader within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing storage services (Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB and others). Your responsibilities will include: owning the sales cycle, building and converting pipeline, removing account management blockers, responding to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving ultimate success around specific targeted sales opportunities. To achieve those goals—and building on your sales background you will develop expertise in all AWS technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Have a passion for customers and partners. You will have a passion for solving customer problems by educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems. You will be an experienced sale professional, comfortable in selling both new and mature technologies.
Have a strong understanding of commercial trends in Storage and data management and an ability to work closely with engineering teams to ensure the product features and roadmap meets the long term needs of the market. The ideal candidate will have a variety of experiences working as a sales professional with customers of all sizes in complex environments which could be heavily matrixed. You will enjoy keeping your existing sales skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to, but lead deep opportunity discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical discussions to create world class systems for commercial customers and AWS partners. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of systems, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the AWS platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure commercial success in building Storage solutions and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Engage systems integrators and support their sales implementation efforts.
- Closely collaborate with AWS Account Management teams and support and promote APN Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum customer value.
- Assist solution providers and customers with the definition and implementation of storage strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offerings on the AWS platform.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of storage solutions for Amazon Web Services.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide AWS solution sales teams on Storage engagement.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.