Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, self-directed Digital Marketing Manager to drive AWS startup events and content communications, through a proactive, data-driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
Responsibilities will include driving startup community engagement through email communications and social media and paid channels, developing new communication programs to improve demand generation and attendee communications (e.g. mobile push and SMS), optimizing event registration and attrition rates, iterating on ongoing programs and post-event communications, creating content, executing robust test plans, building out reporting dashboards, and performing deep analysis to improve the effectiveness of these programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience running email marketing campaigns and programs, have a strong background in audience targeting and segmentation, and hands-on experience developing test and learn plans that are data-driven. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and provide thought leadership surrounding the AWS startup events and content communication email strategy.
- Design, write and test highly effective email programs to improve demand generation, engagement, and audience communications.
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve email content and targeting for all communications.
- Apply email and digital marketing best practices to determine new opportunities that will improve the customer experience.
- Develop playbooks and strategy docs to be leveraged by regional teams to develop marketing plans that improve startup engagement.
- Drive the targeting and customer segmentation for digital campaigns.
- Optimize event landing pages and iterate on the event registration experience.
- Define, regularly report on, and optimize key engagement metrics. Build out standardized reporting dashboards.