- 15+ years leading and project managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
- 10+ years in a senior client facing role
- Leading large scale digital transformation programs and development of operating models to support the target state
- Building technical program management functional team
- Hiring, team management and people development
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
- Experience working with current technologies (especially cloud)
- Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively, and adaptive to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Demonstrated leadership through influence
- Business English language skills
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Global organisation is looking for an experienced and motivated senior manager who possesses a unique balance of strong interpersonal, people management, team building and Cloud technical delivery management skills. Together with a team of highly skilled delivery managers, you will partner some of the world's largest companies, AWS sales along with Amazon and AWS technology and service teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures with robust delivery plans that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. You will work across Amazon and AWS teams, and apply your leadership, technical and program management expertise to serve some of the largest and globally diverse enterprises.
Roles and Responsibilities
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, strong technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team's decisions and help drive secure and robust customer solutions. At AWS, you will innovate, use data to make decisions, and express your ideas thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and drive the team to reach and exceed their goals.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help global organizations understand best practices around adopting advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. Together with them, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. We are also looking for individuals with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and delivery challenges.
You will serve as an expert in the field, providing assistance on large initiatives and to accounts with limited resources or roadblocks. Adept in planning and managing multi-disciplinary internal teams, guiding and assisting with large opportunities. You will provide both hands-on and advisory assistance across multiple global customers to assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-tasking to maximize business value. You will be an AWS evangelist and influence your customers at C- level to help realize their goals.
You will enjoy working with large, global customers and have a strong understanding of what it takes (people, process and technology) for our customers to implement successful cloud transformation. You will have a passion for educating, training and delivering quality and outcome for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
You will carry the responsible for team management, including headcount planning, hiring, objectives and performance management. With an experience in managing program and project management professionals working at enterprise customers, you know how to hire the best talent, develop these individuals and coach them to be successful at their customer. You know how to invent new ways of team collaboration and how to empower individuals.
You will be an evangelist for the function by working across AWS teams to provide education and garner feedback on ways to work better both internally and with the customer. Working in collaboration with worldwide function lead, you will be responsible for defining and maturing the function, while developing new and repeatable processes to benefit the unique customer base. You will be responsible for embedding the best practices in all of the customer base and assist in adoption across AWS accounts.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.