- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- The right person will drive the go to market strategy for Amazon Redshift. This person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.
- Strong database technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database approaches (relational, non-relational, in-memory, data warehousing, etc.)
- Technical and/or business degree required.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Want to make database history? Come and join the AWS Analytics team - the creators of Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, and Amazon Athena. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing platform.
As a Business Development Manager within Amazon Web Services, you would be able to shape the future of the database industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
Working hand in hand with our sales teams and solution architects, you would help deliver the finest solutions based on our platform of database services. Your in-depth technical background in databases would help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right database services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Database Services Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for data warehousing / Amazon Redshift.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.