Returner Program Details:
Return to work and come build the future of cloud computing with Amazon Web Services.The AWS Returners Program offers individuals who have been on a career break an opportunity to return to full time employment within a breadth of different roles. The program is designed to support Returners back into a permanent position, setting them up with the skills and knowledge needed for success at AWS!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
What are we looking for?
If you have been out of the workforce for longer than two years, and want to restart your career, the AWS Returners Program could be for you. As a Returner:
- You will bring your voice. At AWS we value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully.
- You will accelerate your growth. The scope and scale of what we do for our customers drive us to experiment with new possibilities, take risks and learn quickly.
- You will chart your own path. The possibilities you explore, the opportunities you take advantage of, and the impact you have is driven by your ideas and initiative.
- You will embrace the challenge. At AWS building the future is inspiring and fun and we embrace the challenge that comes with inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible.
- You will use our Leadership Principles every day. Whether discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem our Leadership Principles is just one of the things that makes Amazon peculiar. Learn more about our Leadership principles here.
What does the AWS Returners Program Offer?
In Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our employees enjoy working in AWS.
AWS is helping over a million customers in 190 countries leverage the power of cloud computing. Being a global company isn’t just about worldwide availability or working with international customers; we also see the value in building global teams. Here are some of the great benefits that you’ll get from joining us on our program.
For more information please visit.
We are looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills who have been on a career break an opportunity to return. This program is designed to help and support you back into a full-time permanent role. Our goal is to set you up with the skills and knowledge you need for success.
During your first 6 months as a Returner, you will receive instruction and on-the-job training on a range of AWS services and solutions. By the end of the first year, you will choose a specialty track suited to your strengths and preferences (subject to business availability). These tracks include:
Application Developer – AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or serverless architecture.
Cloud Infrastructure Architect – An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
DevOps Specialist – A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for customers.
Data Lake & Analytics Specialist – This role will specifically focus on data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
Data Warehouse & Massive Parallel Processing Specialist – This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities. Engagements will include Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
Data & Machine Learning Engineer – In this role, you will work with our partners and customers with a focus on our AWS Analytics and ML services offering such Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Athena, Amazon SageMaker, and more. You will help our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.