- Experience working with customers in highly regulated industries that have requirements for working with one or more security and compliance regimes
- 3+ years in customer-facing positions
- 5+ years hands-on, technical experience working VMware and/or AWS technologies
- 5+ years in highly technical roles
- Demonstrated experience with data center networks and network topologies
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Proven experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
Do you have a passion for helping public sector customers to innovative and implement transformative IT solutions? Do you have an ability for helping customers to build their understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical AWS and VMware experts specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS to join the World-Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Specialist Solutions Architect team. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
As a member of this team, you will be part of global team of VMware-focused AWS Specialist Solution Architects and have the opportunity to work directly with VMware product and engineering teams, AWS customers, VMware customers, and partners looking to integrate this service with their products and service offerings.
The ideal candidate have a deep technical knowledge of and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, and vSAN, a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing, and a deep understanding of AWS services such as Amazon EC2, VPC, and DirectConnect. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible with both AWS and VMware as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team.
As a Specialist SA, you must enjoy learning and introducing new features and technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology are viewed as important aspects of the role. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as security and compliance, services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of our specialized services and that of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the VMware solutions engineering and AWS solutions architect communities
- Guide and motivate the development of artifacts, data sheets, proof of concept best practices, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support
Candidates must have strong communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to earn trust with AWS and VMware customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer.
This role covers the Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean (LCC) regions. Regular travel will be required.