- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
- Proficiency with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, C#, C++, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) security team is building a new program to design and create an automation framework to monitor and test security controls across AWS's global footprint and produce authoritative data and test results. This program will directly influence decisions and direction within AWS Security. Successful candidates will be responsible for designing innovative solutions using AWS services, integrating with existing systems and implementing new systems to drive the building and operation of an effective, data driven, automated security control monitoring solution. This effort is supported across the service and engineering teams and has VP level visibility into the program.
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in microservices, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team