- Minimum of 10-15 years' experience in a high-tech B2B marketing role
- Experience in strategic marketing management and market analysis - demonstrated ability to build and execute a marketing strategy with clear goals and objectives to align to sales objectives and support the growth targets.
- Expertise with marketing tactics such as email, search, display and social marketing
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive highly collaborative fast paced environment
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance
- Proven track record of leading high performing team that create and execute strategic marketing programs
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing strategies to acquire new customers, nurture leads, drive adoption and accelerate growth
- MBA or comparable education/experience
- Adept at assessing market opportunity to make the appropriate long term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of leads
- Metrics/ROI focused and knows how to generate leads and track to closed loop.
- Understands sales & marketing integration
- Solid understanding of the marketing mix and how to build and deliver integrated marketing campaigns
The Head of Marketing, Canada
AWS is hiring a Head of Marketing to plan, develop, and deliver demand generation programs and initiatives that drive marketing contribution to Sales pipeline for AWS Services in Canada. The ideal candidate must have in-depth experience building and leading a team that drives demand generation programs focused on both customer acquisition and retention, leveraging customer and marketing insights. The person who fills this role should also have strong analytical skills and strategic thinking, along with a solid understanding of the marketing mix, and be experienced in working cross functionality with multiple stakeholders to build and deliver integrated marketing campaigns and programs.
- Develop and own the strategic marketing plan for the Canadian market to drive demand for AWS services with new and existing customers, across all audiences and sales segments (SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise)
- Lead a team of marketing professionals that plan and deliver demand generation programs, including integrated campaigns, events, and digital marketing
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand their priorities and enable them to meet their objectives with focused lead gen activities, materials and presentations
- Conduct research and gather insights into customer and market behavior, motivations, and attributes to determine new marketing approaches and optimal routes to market
- Track, monitor and analyze results and optimize iteratively based on market behavior and needs
- Work closely with Americas field marketing teams and drive cross functional collaboration with extended marketing teams (Digital Marketing, Paid Media, Global Campaigns) to execute campaigns and events in the Canadian market
- Lead the annual campaign planning process to determine strategy, budget and key programs