Amazon FreeTime Unlimited brings together all types of content that kids and parents love, including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, plus a child-friendly Alexa experience. It provides peace of mind for parents with award-winning parental controls and monitoring through Parent Dashboard, and a world of fun for kids where they can choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content, all hand-selected by the FreeTime team. FreeTime is available on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, compatible Android and iOS mobile devices, and compatible Alexa devices. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime.
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FreeTime team. You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative consumer products used every day by people you know.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices, as well as Android and iOS devices. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a talented team of engineers in the design, development, test and deployment of our Amazon FreeTime services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences along with strong technical ability and excellent project management skills. Come help build the future of Kindle devices and services for millions of customers around the world!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8-10+ years of professional software development experience
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Experience building and shipping highly scalable software products
- Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Experience delivering web services in a large scale environment with high availability
- Experience with iterative Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile application development is a plus
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and technical vision
- Master's degree preferred