Allied Oil & Supply, Inc. is a family owned business head-quartered in Omaha, NE. Allied Oil is a lubricant distribution business which sells to the passenger car, truck, and manufacturing segments. The company?s branches sell and distribute premium branded product such as: Shell, Petro-Canada, Chevron, Valvoline, Phillips 66, Premium Blue, & Allied private label. The company has locations in Omaha, NE, Sioux Falls, SD, Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA, Kansas City, MO, Joplin, MO, Wichita, KS and Minneapolis, MN.
The ideal candidate must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail. This person must be reliable and able to carry out tasks both autonomously with little oversight and collaboratively as a team. The Assistant Controller/Sr Accountant will be responsible for keeping the accounting and financial processes of the company up to GAAP standards and ensure accurate financial reporting and controls are maintained.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist the V.P. with all accounting functions for the organization.
- Assist in ensuring all financial statements are completed timely and accurately while following all regulatory and accounting guidelines.
- Responsible for cash management by reviewing and reconciling daily bank entries for multiple locations and multiple accounts.
- Prepare journal entries for the monthly and annual close processes.
- Assist with the monthly close process.
- Responsible for all general ledge account reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Preparation of multiple state sales tax returns, PPTX and RETX.
- Responsible for asset management maintenance and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Experience with Asset Management programs
- Cash and Account Reconciliation experience
- Experience with A/R and A/P processes
- General inventory knowledge
- Knowledgeable with Sales Tax and other taxes
- Document imaging and implementation is a plus
- Accrual experience
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Acceptance Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced in Excel
- Proficient with business accounting software
- Well-organized and efficient with ability to prioritize
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with superiors and coworkers
- Detail oriented and ability to problem solve
- Self-starter who can work independently or collaboratively within a team
- DOT knowledge a plus, as well as fleet licensing experience
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor and contribute to a positive and cohesive work environment
- 5 or more years of accounting experience
Allied Oil & Supply, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.