Air Force Federal Credit Union is seeking an experience Accounting Technician. This person will perform accounting support functions, to include but not limited to, accounts payables and receivables; general ledger entries, shared branching, ATM, debit and credit card settlements and prepares the reconciliations for these items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable and receivable responsibilities include: creates and maintains vendor records/files; processes invoices attaining approvals and proper general ledger coding; performs invoice entries; issues vendor checks and ensures timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Prepares and issues annual 1099 Miscellaneous forms for vendors and Board of Directors spousal expenses.
- Receives supply request forms, verifies, distributes and maintains the inventory of the Accounting Department supplies.
- Balances and reconciles general ledgers; performs cost and branch accounting; and posts and balances charge-off accounts..
- Coordinates all activity regarding records retention.
- Processes, posts, balance and reconcile daily EFT, shard branching ATM, debit and credit card entries to the general ledger.
- Balances daily credit union transactions for the branches, vaults and member activities, and applies them to the general ledger. Analyzes and reconciles all assigned general ledger and bank accounts within applicable time constraints.
- Accurately and efficiently provides members, employees, vendors and third party processors with information and researches outstanding issues.
- Assist with yearly budget as needed.
- Must have at least three (3) to five (5) years accounting or related experience.
- Must have strong analytical skills, attention to details & know 10 Key by touch.
- Two year college degree with a focus in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Must be able to work overtime and Saturdays as needed.
- Must be able to produce a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy.
- Must be bondable and have a good consumer credit report.
AFFCU a great compensation and benefits package which includes access to group medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, two retirement plans, paid vacation and sick leave, as well as a birthday and Federal holidays.Apply online at www.goaffcu.com.
AFFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V, AA.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- San Antonio, TX (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts