Responsible for application support of systems, testing, coordination of system changes and system security.
- Support all functional aspects of the internal and external systems, including the relationships to internal and external interfaces;
- 2nd level support and use of trouble reports for follow-ups (bugs/questions and support);
- Responsible for customer support and ensuring service levels meet business and customer requirements;
- Responsible for Functional, Integrated and Regression Testing of new functionality and program fixes for internal systems and external systems;
- Understand the requirements of the client and study the various ways in which the requirements can be met;
- Thoroughly analyze the pros and cons of every solution before deciding on a best feasible solution;
- Develop and Maintain system procedures and documentation;
- Develop test plans and scripts for testing;
- Gather information on issues/user requirements and assist programmers in analysis of system issues and provide input for solution recommendation;
- Create and maintain help and error message logs for internal and external systems;
- Apply security policies in maintenance of security system for internal access, external access and CRS;
- Maintain and process check-list tasks (operational);
- Provide test results, documentation and training of new functionality to Training Department and/or other Departments;
- Undertake special projects, as required;
- Use tools and utilities to complete daily activities;
- Coordinate/liaise with IS technical staff ;
- Coordinate/liaise with external partners, mainly Air Canada, for internal and external systems;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by immediate superior.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College diploma in computer with emphasis in computer science with at least 2 years experience in the Wholesale Travel industry;
- In-depth knowledge of activities performed by all other departments, especially E-commerce web site, reservations, ticketing, inventory control, operations, their policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, judgement and people management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the tour operator industry and relationships between ACV and Air Canada;
- Knowledge of travel reservations systems and the role of Information Technology within the corporation.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence as tracking and documentation tools.