The Scrum Master will work closely with our Agile software development team and be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development product features.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, E-commerce, the Scrum Master will work closely with our Agile software development team and be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development product features.
The Scrum Master plans, coordinates, organizes and tracks product features through all phases of deployment. He also oversee development touch points with other external development groups and serves as a scrum master for one or more teams. The Scrum Master integrates Agile (SCRUM/KANBAN) principles into team practices in addition to facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos by improving strong discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution. This role will focus on leading e-commerce deliverables - this can be defined as liaising between User Experience/Designers, Developers, QA leads and Product Owners to foster strong communication between the disciplines.
- Lead the development of product features, handling dependencies between teams, IT and third-party vendors
- Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Plan sprints and conduct retrospective meetings
- Support the relationship between the team and product owner
- Assess the maturity level of the team and coach the team to higher levels of performance
- Support the propagation of Agile SDLC framework
- Remove obstacles for the team
- Support the team and product owner in making optimal use of the product backlog
- Foster a trusting and safe environment where failing fast is allowed
- Facilitate conflict resolution and scrum events as needed
- Ensure the team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- 2+ years experience working within an agile team; preference for those who have experience within a formal scrum master role
- A passion for driving teams towards high performance
- Advanced knowledge of the application of agile practices and principles, incremental delivery and experience with metrics to effectively measure: execution, performance, benefits and value
- Proven ability to facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of sprint velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute against sprint roadmaps
- Excellent mentorship and leadership skills; ability to communicate technical details to wider audience in business/user terms