Air Canada Vacations is recruiting a General Sales Manager, Ontario and Manitoba who will be responsible and accountable for Ontario & Manitoba field sales and National Accounts.
- Leading a team of area sales managers (5) and one Manager, National Accounts, and coaching in their respective areas of responsibility
- Ensuring regional territory alignment for assigned areas is balanced and effective
- Liaising with upper management ensuring sales targets are met for the territory and communicating with to the sales team.
- Budget management, allocation, ROI tracking, and recommendations for both Ontario/MB field sales and National Accounts
- Training sales team on sales techniques, administration and product
- Planning, executing, and managing sales strategies
- Coordinating event staffing for Ontario & Manitoba ASM’s as needed
- Analysis of national contracts, acquisition cost, budgets, and recommendations
- Communicate quarterly revenue and passenger growth to team
- Create, evaluate, and analyze short term sales incentives to stimulate sales on focused routes & products, and coordinate with Area Sales Managers
- Forecast financial budget/impact relating to override payments and marketing funds on a quarterly basis
- Oversight for National Consortia and Franchise Networks through Manager, National Accounts, coordinating efforts nationally to ensure alignment and message consistency.
- Develop and implement sales plans with ASM’s which will accomplish marketing objectives described in terms of sales volume and profitability.
- Supervise and evaluate activities of salesperson(s) within the area, providing counsel and guidance;
- Responsible for the training, development and performance of assigned subordinates to ensure optimum effectiveness;
- Develop and implement action plans to reduce operational cost and improve productivity;
- Provide competitive information on an ongoing basis
- Make quarterly sales calls to all major chain and key accounts, and provide them an update on their performance
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- College or University background in Administration, management skills, knowledge of activities performed by other departments, their policies and procedures, at least eight (8) years of experience in the travel industry, in sales and servicing, and demonstrate initiative, accuracy and judgement and be commercially oriented.
- Advanced computer skills, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of French a definite asset.