The Product Owner, Loyalty is responsible to convert their insights of customer loyalty programs,
Reporting to the Product Owner E-commerce, The Product Owner, Loyalty is responsible to convert their insights of customer loyalty programs, technology, business operation, customer experience and data into product vision. He or she establishes program roadmap and drives the growth and sustainability of the Air Canada Vacations online loyalty business.
He or she is responsible for planning, execution and support of our loyalty program across our digital platforms.
On a day-to-day basis, the Product Owner delivers strategy, identifies business opportunities, conducts business analysis, works with the delivery team & the business stakeholders to manage corresponding projects from inception to launch with an eye for continuous improvement for the fore mentioned products.
This is a contract position through August 2020.
- Plan, establish and drive the roadmap for a set of loyalty initiatives. Align product roadmaps with strategic themes and cross-company platform roadmap.
- Drive corresponding projects / work streams to bring continuous improvements to the loyalty product.
- Deliver product vision, high-level business requirement documents, manage related product backlogs, develop acceptance criteria and drive user acceptance testing.
- Establish a process that constantly optimizes the usability and revenue potential of the loyalty channel by identifying problem/opportunity areas, understanding customer and business needs and drive corresponding projects.
- Manage business requirement elicitation process, provide mentorship and guidance to product owners, promote best documentation practice and maintain loyalty knowledge base.
- Align the product/project vision, improve the work transparency and communicate product increment with stakeholders. Work with delivery and engineering team to plan releases and program increments. Manage product backlog and work priorities timely.
- Partner with IT to ensure releases are properly planned, managed and deployed timely.
- Advocate user centric product design and development, connects customer insight / voice to design, development and relevant business units.
- Work with business owners to provide timely support to business regarding system configurations, settings and workflow management, plan and provide training to business team for related ecommerce products.
- Facilitate product / project meetings, improve cross discipline communications and promote product management best practices.
- Special Projects as required.
Experience & Education
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or the equivalent experience demonstrated by progressive responsibilities
- 5+ years' experience in a business analysis or loyalty program role
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies and able to adapt business analysis practices to different methodologies
Knowledge of SAP Hybris an asset
Prior experience in Travel Technology a strong asset.
Prior experience with loyalty programs a strong asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent skills in strategic and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with global business partners, other team members, and various levels of management
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Understanding of company organization, products and related industry knowledge
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities while completing projects successfully
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Rich experience in the following fields: travel shopping & booking, user experience design, business requirement gathering and elicitation, website content management, SAP Commerce & Marketing or equivalent platforms
- Excellent skills with Confluence, JIRA, MS Office, MS Project and Monday or equivalent product management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter