Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Air Canada Customer Digital Enablement team is building a fast-moving development team to develop an engaging mobile application experience for our customers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented software developer to analyze and build solutions. The candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative and ready to work with our agile development teams on projects.
This role will be responsible for working independently or as part of a team to develop cloud-based applications. Responsible for coding, debugging and creating test scripts for applications across a wide range of platforms. Will work with other developers, web service integrators, product owners, business analysts, application architects and scrum masters to produce scalable, fast and robust solutions.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of requirements and user stories.
- Writing code which is reusable, easily testable and highly efficient.
- Design and develop applications which have low-latency and high performance.
- Develop scalable and robust cloud-based solutions.
- Explore, propose and implement system optimizations for increased software quality.
- Adhere to the quality objectives and engineering best practices, perform complete unit and integration testing, code reviews, secure coding standard, and deliver complete documentation.
- Work with the team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug and release and deploy production quality products.
- Support the testing and launching efforts of new Internet-based products.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience or certifications.
- Experience: 3+ years in software development on Mobile iOS and/or Android applications is a must
- Experience working on large scale mobile projects using architecture patterns such as MVVM, VIPER, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages and libraries (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin).
- Experience with AWS AppSync and GraphQL is an asset
- Real-world experience with mission-critical enterprise REST APIs (either as consumer or producer)
- Strong understanding of cross platform development using PAAS cloud systems.
- Experience with no SQL solutions (DynamoDB, Couchbase, MongoDB)
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL / MySQL).
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Azure / AWS / BlueMix
- Cross platform development (Xamarin, Cordova, Phone Gap, React native)
- Familiarity with Github, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
- Experience working in Agile software development is a must.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset).
- Continuous Integration
- Enjoying learning new things and learn quickly
- Functioning in a fast-paced environment
- Being results oriented and deadline driven.
- Taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.