Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Brand Strategy & Content Marketing, the Manager, Social Media Strategy drives the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy for social marketing communications for Air Canada (AC) and Air Canada rouge (ACr). He/She will oversee all social and content efforts, plans and projects and will be responsible for the ideation, development, implementation and the quality (ROI) of the annual social plan. This includes managing resources, supporting local and international markets, as well as ongoing management and evaluation of social media marketing programs. While respecting the integrity of each brand as well as their respective business objectives, he/she will identify opportunities to promote and leverage the various social media channels at hand in order to increase positive brand sentiment and brand loyalty.
As such, the Manager, Social Media Strategy is at the center of a cross-functional team and works in close cooperation with marketing agencies, the Social Media Customer Engagement Team, Air Canada Corporate Communications, and other department contacts in order to provide customers with a comprehensive, cohesive and engaging vision of the AC and ACr brands on social and digital platforms. He/she is an internal expert and will provide guidance to departments within Air Canada who wish to engage with our customers on social channels. He/She must be in tune with the many facets of the corporation, its culture, products/services in order to create an intuitive rapport with various consumer audiences building on loyalty and coaxing “influencers”. He/She must identify and create opportunities beyond traditional communication to showcase these brands in innovative and engaging ways.
Develop an in-depth understanding of customer segments, their needs and key drivers for engagement;
Develop annual social media strategies and priorities;
Establish best-in-class social storytelling that delivers the right content in the right formats, to the right channels in alignment with business priorities and marketing/communications themes;
Develop integrated engagement campaigns and ensure proper alignment across paid, earned, shared and owned media;
Identify proactive processes and opportunities to a create positive brand image and increase earned media activities whether in commercial or customer service situations;
Develop and manage an annual and quarterly adjusted editorial calendar of themes, content and messages, including social posts and web content based on a defined content strategy;
Design and implement a framework for content development and delivery;
Build keyword-driven strategic content plans marrying strategy and keyword analytics;
Develop a monthly metrics-based approach to measure effectiveness of a robust, multi-channel content marketing program that is tied to business objectives (brand sentiment, lead generation, conversion); incorporate web metrics, buyer insights and feedback, content inventories, gap analyses and competitive audits;
Act as a subject-matter expert and consultant to business units. The candidate is required to develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with other branches impacted by interactive media (Call Centre, Customer Relations, Web Team, Product Design, Premium Marketing Partnerships, Corporate Communications), etc;
Provide guidance, knowledge and leadership in order to manage Air Canada’s Social Media Customer Engagement team;
Manage social media communications in times of crisis, work closely with Corporate Communications - Requirement to be on-call in order to assist the Social Media Customer Engagement Team;
Ensure accuracy, cohesiveness and legality of information contained in all online communications;
Ensure quality control of all campaign elements (social media, digital, other per project);
Maintain and apply social media and content marketing best practices;
Manage vendor relationships; Monitor and manage budget;
Actively participate in the annual marketing-communications planning process
Provide support to the Director, Marketing Communications as assigned
- University degree in Business, Marketing option or equivalent. MBA is an asset
- At least 7 years of experience in social media marketing
- Strong customer understanding and the ability to manage between project deliverables to solving business problems
- Ability to quickly assess a business situation or scenario and quickly develop and drive plans to address challenges or capture opportunities
- Requires flexibility, attention to detail and ability to get things done quickly
- Strong knowledge of marketing best practices and reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of communications campaign development and implementation;
- Strong knowledge of the social campaign and content optimization;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good listener and ample communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and requests from competing stakeholders and to align day-to-day responsibilities with wider corporate strategy
- Strong leadership, analysis and innovation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and aptitude to motivate and engage
- Comfortable working independently and within a team environment assisting colleagues whenever possible
- Leadership in team building
- High levels of ingenuity, creativity and initiative
- Bilingual – Fluent in both French and English
- Experience working with agencies
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.