Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Cargo Hub Operations & Customer Service, the Manager, Resource Planning & Development provides direction, support, and leadership to the Resource Planning and employee support teams. This includes ensuring safety, effective staffing, and a productive and engaged workforce at Cargo. In conjunction with the various business partners, this position supports the Cargo Branch activities to achieve the required operational results, through effective implementation of integrated resource plans, programs and strategies.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Cargo resource team with respect to our resource planning and development activities that facilitate the ability for the organization to achieve their business priorities.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels in accordance within approved budgeted positions are maintained.
- Responsible for all staffing and vacation planning and overseeing stations in monitoring resource levels & overtime management.
- Initiate and maintain a continuous dialogue with the cargo operations management, bargaining agent and employees on change issues and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other related branches to ensure Cargo’s interests and objectives are met (eg. Labour Relations, Recruitment, Training, Human Resources, Airports are key stakeholders).
- Support change management initiatives.
- Support effective employee attendance management for Cargo.
- Overall accountability for all work-related issues including work relationships, grievance resolution and appeals.
- Cargo operations key point of contact for IAM Shop Committees and Labour Relations.
- Provide dashboards and reporting on key performance indicators for resource planning and development.
- A degree in Resources Management or a related field. Minimum 4 years of relevant management experience;
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous work experience in a unionized manufacturing/processing environment;
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and competitive data.
- Exercise sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills including conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.