Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Process Re-Engineering & Regulatory and has the primary responsibilities of implementing and bringing to steady-state the approved customer service/customer recovery strategies across the multi-department, multi-location network that comprises the Customer Contact Centres Branch.
This role will define and lead the Business Solutions team that acts as the SME for all operating departments within the branch and supports these teams in the operationalization of approved strategies/processes to deliver service excellence. As the Super SME for branch services, this position is expected to make strategic recommendations to project teams/business owners, as well, as other Branches, to ensure that initiatives/projects are delivered with optimal automation, and direct responsibilities for designing, implementing and operationalizing programs/policies within the branch.
Accountable for program implementation and on-going enhancements to constantly deliver/surpass the branch’s Customer Service experience KPIs, with clear objectives and measured outcomes.
Key success within this position requires accountability and joint achievement within the annual committed budget for the branch’s KPI of: IVR/VRU Containment Rates, IVR/VRU Utilization Rates, Average Time Spent in IVR, NPS, Customer Service Reports (CSR) and Change/Program Management effectiveness.
- Manage and act as the department lead for the implementation/operationalization of all branch initiatives required to support the approved corporate strategies.
- Manage all Contact Centres Applications including Telephony and is responsible for their evolution, including defining business requirements and functional specifications for changes to existing systems and supporting the implementation of new systems across the branch.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the branch’s operational systems including the tacking of CR and TR associated with those systems with the responsible internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the team that acts as the internal consultants to Operations leadership and guide these teams on how best to achieve strategic/business objectives.
- Act as the single-point-of-contact for all branch applications and collaborate with the internal/external stakeholders (CIS, IT, Revenue Accounting, PMO, etc.,) to prepare business requirements, scope new system enhancement, features to improve overall efficiency and project prioritization/implementation.
- Performs impact analysis and use data to determine root causes and possible solutions.
- Analyzes problems and situations and their impacts on the business and deliver commercial, fact-based, forward thinking recommendations that can be considered to minimize or eliminate the problems from occurring in the future.
- Influence/advocate across the company the business decisions required/related to system improvements, program implementation, modifications and maintenance to improve customer service/recovery programs/processes across the branch.
- Facilitate workshops with cross-functional departments documenting current procedures and presenting new program/process designs.
- Monitor and measure all changes to any system or process performance.
- Present findings, solutions and business cases to senior management both internally and externally.
- Analysis & Decision Making - Analyzes problems and situations, and their impacts on the business and its global network. Delivers commercial, fact-based, forward thinking decisions.
- Strategic Thinking - Brings to life our vision of becoming “A Top 10 Airline in Everything We Do”. Aligns personal and workgroup activities to the organization’s strategic goals and leverages our global network and strength to provide value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity - Builds and delivers solutions for internal and external customers that meet and exceed their needs, identifying innovative opportunities that will benefit them, creating value added services, and working in partnership with customers to drive the business forward.
- Results Orientation - Manages performance, holding self and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Building Collaborative Partnerships - Encourages personal achievement and excellence. Plays a part in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Ensures that all talent receives mentoring, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Building Talent - Establishes authentic, genuine and open relationships inside and outside of the organization to build a foundation of influence. Fosters an inclusive culture that makes people feel valued and respected. Works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Ensures that all functions (assigning work, performance management, training and development, succession planning, determining developmental needs, rewarding and disciplining) are conducted in a fair and equitable way.
- Adaptability - Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands. Effectively manages the pressures and complexities of various situations. Moves forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
- Minimum 10 years in a management position in an Operational/Continuous Improvement role.
- Detailed understanding of Air Canada’s technology platforms.
- Exposure to the Global Distribution Systems (Amadeus/Sabre/Travelport).
- Strong analytical skills, with an attention to details.
- Strong/proven experience in leading and developing talented teams.
- Ability to write product briefs, business plans, operational processes and business requirements documents.
- Experience in implementing complex projects.
- Proven abilities to manage change in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, engages and builds effective relationships with everyone across the organization.
- Ability to present complex material/business impacts to executives/senior program stakeholders and negotiate project timelines/trade-offs without compromising the business requirements.
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation), as well as, delivering robust/engaging presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple complex projects and tight deadlines.
- Strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-moving, performance-driven environment.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.