Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A vacancy exists within the Facility Projects group for a Facility Projects Manager with an architectural, an interior design or engineering background and Project Management experience.
Facility Projects is a division of Corporate Real Estate that is responsible for implementing capital construction projects for all Air Canada business units such as Airports, Aircraft Maintenance, Cargo, Flight Operations, In-Flight Services, etc. across Canada, USA and at overseas stations. The preferred location for this position is Montreal, but depending on the candidate, Toronto will also be considered.
- Liaise with Business Unit representatives to define project requirements and manage expectations
- Manage numerous basic to complex and multidisciplinary projects.
- Undertake feasibility studies to analyse options, prepare cost estimates/space plans/sketches and make recommendations
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of business cases to obtain internal funding approval
- Once a project is approved, prepare and issue tender packages, retain consultants and contractors using appropriate contract documents
- Liaise with airport authorities and other external agencies as required, as well as within Corporate Real Estate (Leasing/Maintenance/Development)
- Manage external contractors/consultants during the project phase and ensure projects are delivered to meet scope, schedule and budget expectations. Ensure their conformance to the contract and authorize invoices for payments
- Demonstrate expertise in applying project management methodology, tools, best practices and procedures throughout project life cycle
- Coordinate moves with movers and user groups
- Coordinate furniture installations with dealers
- Manage project through Tririga PM software
- Architecture, Interior design or Engineering degree
- Experience in construction and project management (min. 2 years)
- Ability to take on frequent travel (mostly domestic)
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment essential
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to perform well under pressure
- PMI certification or the equivalent, an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.